🐾 Maybe the reason I love animals so much, is because the only time they have broken my heart is when theirs has stopped beating.

Saturday 27 October 2012

Saturday pleasures

“If the world were merely seductive, that would be easy. If it were merely challenging, that would be no problem. But I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day.” 
― E.B. White 


Fresh bread with home-made Apricot jam for breakfast

Hanging a bottle filled with fresh water and Nasturtiums from a tree




Watching a garden ornament gently spinning in the breeze


A nest discovered in the back yard


A basket of Pecan nuts brought over by a friend


My favourite sugar bowl


Wooden ducks on my kitchen table


Late-afternoon visitors to my garden


Snuggling up in my favourite armchair, reading a friend's poetry book while sipping a glass of red


What were your pleasures this Saturday?

::

5 comments:

  1. What a delight!! Warm regards to you Maree, you are such a wonderful person! Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Liz, Saturdays are meant to enjoy the good things in life!

      Delete
  2. Hello Maree:) How come all animals on earth visit your garden? What is the secret?? I love your photo;s and all your blogs!
    Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Renate, living in the bush helps a lot! But I must say that wildlife is not nearly as rife as it was 20 or more years ago. Civilization has moved ever closer, much to the detriment of the wildlife, I am sad to say. Thank you for your kind words, I love that you like my blogs! I hope you have a lovely week week ahead!

      Delete
    2. And you've just given me an idea for my next blog post, thank you!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...